It's Teacher Week '13 and I love a good linky party so I'm linking up with the gals at Blog Hoppin' for Teacher Week 2013. Today's theme is Let's Talk about Me Monday! I love it!
So let's talk about me...
1. I've been teaching seven years! Time has flown by! I've been lucky enough to be on the same team and teaching fifth grade the entire time. I'm truly blessed to be working with such amazing co-workers! Team Infinity Rocks!
2. My favorite holiday is Halloween. Every year, I beg my boyfriend Nathan to go pick pumpkins with me. It makes me giddy. I absolutely LOVE it. Here's a photo-op of some pure pumpkin joy.
3. I could easily watch hours upon hours of the show Supernatural. I love it. I think Jensen Ackels is dreamy. I love the cheesy acting and pop culture references. It's perfect for all day marathons. If that's not on, Arrested Development or Big Bang Theory is a great replacement marathon show.
4. I'm a crazy dog lady. My dogs get a cake for their birthdays. They get each have jerseys for football, hockey, and baseball season. They ride in the front seat and have a million plus toys scattered around my house. I love them. Mikka is an 8 year old Jack Russell mix we rescued from the pound 7 years ago! Iggy we've had for 10 months and he's a 3 year old Italian Greyhound. Mikka is always the boss.
5. Cheeseburgers and ice cream are my favorite foods. I'm from Cincinnati and we LOVE ice cream here! We have some of the best ice cream around in my opinion. Graeter's is a must if you're ever in town. However, there is a local soft-serve place called Walker Brothers that was my favorite place to visit this summer. They even have frozen treats for dogs. It was Iggy gives it two paws of approval!
6. I still love to color. I have a pack of twist up crayons in my desk and when I go on plane rides I still buy myself some coloring books. You're never too old to color. It's such a great stress reliever.
7. One of my favorite hobbies is gardening. Every year, I plant a small potted garden on my back deck. I love eating tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, melons, and strawberries that I've grown. Nothing beats it. There is something about the smell of tomatoes that makes me happy. Here's my car loaded down from a trip to Home Depot, I couldn't resist the colored tomato cages this year...
8. I love iced coffee better than hot coffee. I try to make my own by McCafe is on my way to work and they have a drive-thru!
9. I've always loved animals. I love elephants, owls, lemurs, and moose. I have a small moose collection that includes a moose rug that is in my library at school. The rug was once in my dorm room at college. It's held up surprisingly well...
Don't forget, it's Teacher Week all week at the Blog Hop! So get your posts ready to link up and check out what everyone's blog this week! I can't wait to share my classroom tomorrow... Here's a schedule of events in case you missed it!